Thursday, March 14, 2013

Number 6 & 7 in the Train Track Linocut series

I have been waiting for my new camera (to replace mine that was stolen in January this year) so that I could properly document the last two linocuts in this series exploring ideas of train tracks as metaphors for life journeys....But I am still waiting... so here's some less than perfect documentation...which turns out to be fine after all!


This beginning is just the start of my journey to another beginning 
Linocut 2013 Edition of 9 13 x 30cm



My life as a journey where this station is just a stop not a destination
Linocut 2013 Edition of 9 13 x30cm


Both these new linocuts will be part of my new solo exhibition, Urbanscapes, in Williamstown, in April. It is very exciting!!!  Here's the Invitation! You are all welcome to come along!





4 comments:

  1. It was lovely to meet you at the Toyota launch last night and I hope to get along to your upcoming solo show! - Jodi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. great to meet you too!...and great to see your blog (as i am just a beginner blogger)...ps hung the solo show today...phew!!

      Delete
  2. Your blog looks great :) It must feel good to have the show hung. Good luck for the opening. I won't be able to make it but I'm going to make an effort to go and see it. It looks like it's going to be wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the metaphor! In life, it's often hard to remember that there is no destination. I especially like the first print in this blog post. Great stuff!

    ReplyDelete