Monday, January 13, 2014

A new little film...

So I thought it was time to formally share one of the little films I made in 2013!

 'Road Drawings, May 2013'

This is the first artwork I have ever created that makes me laugh!. I am not sure if that makes it any good, but hopefully it will make you smile too.

Click here to see the 4 minute film!

The footpath has been a bit of focus for my work in recent times.
But for this project, I spent many hours on different days, drawing upon the footpaths and streets of Footscray and Melbourne's CBD. I used the cryptic signs of 'utility graffiti' as inspiration. These are the multi coloured arrows and hieroglyphic-like signs that are spray-painted onto roads to indicate the presence of various underground pipelines and direct instruction for maintenance workers.
It highlights this everyday secret language that temporarily reveals these subterranean invisible systems and brings our attention to how our worlds are powered.
Thanks heaps to Leah Lux for filming assistance and Headbelly Buzzard for the music. Enjoy!!

I also made a little hand bound book inspired by the intricacies of the footpath. But you will have to wait until I learn more about how to upload, to see inside the book! Hmm!

'I remembered reading an old book… ' Artist book 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment