Sunday, June 28, 2015

Printbank Mackay International Postcard Swap 2015

 Earlier this year, I created an edition of 3 postcards, and posted them each to Queensland, to be part of the inaugural Printbank Mackay postcard swap.






I lined up part of the linoblock that I was carving for my solo show Urban Reveries and printed it onto some lovely paper that I had hand marbled a few weeks earlier.

The theme for the exchange was 'First'.

I have actually tried tightrope walking on a real tightrope wire a few times. I even took some classes. And it is harder than I imagined. Much harder! Every step feels like the first!

The exhibition of all the postcard entries is Friday July 17 at the Mackay Town Hall. (It is a very long way from me in Melbourne, so I sadly won't be there!)

So if like me, you can't get there, you can see the other postcard entries here , but only until August 2015.

I am really looking forward to seeing my return postcards in the mail soon!!





No comments:

Post a Comment