Thursday, July 28, 2022

Another Disability Pride Month art moment...

 In this last week of Disability Pride Month in July, I did a bit of guerilla art on the Footscray Telstra Building, which until recently held the Disability Pride is Back! Mural.





I pasted up some letters based on my linocuts. It reads:

'To all my disabled folk, 

    Happy Disability Pride Month

             July 2022'



The wall was looking pretty bare, apart from a few tags and some ghost remains of the original mural, which you can see more in these two photos. (Back in 2018, I was experimenting with using silicone to attach these particular artworks, so whilst the artworks are now gone, the shadows remain!)






I wanted to do a shout out for those out for those who miss the mural. And create some visibility for Disability Pride Month.  And this little paste up matched my spoons for this week. 

Let's hope this paste up stays awhile.







No comments:

Post a Comment