Wednesday, June 20, 2018

COMPACT PRINTS International exhibition and exchange 2018

Since 2012, I have been participating in Compact Prints.

This is the North Queensland's Umbrella Studio's biennial printmaking exhibition and exchange, showcasing local, national, and international artists.

This year I am submitting three entries.

These 3 small linocuts (12 x12cm) are part of my ongoing series of works using images of train tracks. These are informed by my own life living with disability, and use the metaphor of train journeys, to investigate how we navigate life’s encounters, discover new meanings for life, find places to belong to, as well as propose ways that can celebrate what we have in the here and now. 

Here's images of this years entries.


Journeys and Crossings I, linocut, edition of 10, 12x12cm





Journeys and Crossings II, linocut, edition of 10, 12x12cm





Journeys and Crossings III, linocut, 12x12cm, edition of 10





If you would like to see my past entries to earlier Compact Prints exhibitions, please click on the relevant year.




No comments:

Post a Comment